Be Ready for Your Surgery at Our Goldsboro, NC Hospital
Your healthcare team at Wayne Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing exemplary, compassionate care. With this in mind, we hope to help you feel well prepared for your surgery at Wayne Memorial, as well as during your stay and recovery.
Comprehensive preparations for surgery depend on your diagnosis and will be discussed with you by your physician. The following general guidelines will walk you through the surgery and recovery process at our Goldsboro, NC Hospital. Please share this information with your family and loved ones, as they are an important part of your preparation and recovery.
Surgical Services is located on the ground floor. From pre-op through recovery and discharge, inpatient or outpatient, our highly skilled staff of experts works side by side to provide an extraordinary level of care.
Registration & Insurance
If your surgery is covered by insurance, please have the following information available:
- Your Photo ID
- Name of Insurance Company
- Group and ID Number
- Telephone Number to Verify Coverage
- Address to Mail Claims
- Referral, Precertification or Authorization Numbers
We also encourage patients to consider Advance Directives and Living Wills before surgery.
Other Tips For The Day of Your Procedure
- Arrive early so that you may have ample time to get checked in.
- It is important to know your medical history, including current medications, dosages, and drug allergies.
- Bring a list of questions or concerns you may have to review with your doctor.
- Be sure to disclose your updated contact information, as well as the information of your emergency contact.
- Unless otherwise directed, wear loose, comfortable clothing and leave valuables at home on the day of your surgery.
- Many procedures require that you not eat or drink for several hours in advance. Be sure to check with your doctor for specific instructions.
- Because many medications used during surgery can make you drowsy or impair your judgement, we require that you have a driver to take you home.
Find More Information About Surgery at Wayne Memorial Hospital
Searching for more information on what to expect with your surgery in Goldsboro, NC? Our staff members at Wayne Memorial are happy to help you get the details you need. Simply call our office at 919.736.1110 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to helping your surgical procedure go smoothly and getting you back to your normal routine as quickly as possible.
Wayne Memorial Hospital offers comprehensive and advanced medical services, including surgery, in Goldsboro, NC, as well as to patients from Clinton, Greenville, Kinston, LaGrange, Mount Olive, Princeton, Rocky Mount, Smithfield, Wilson and throughout Wayne County.