Recover with Rehabilitation from Wayne Memorial Hospital
At Wayne Memorial Hospital, our coordinated and comprehensive rehabilitation services in Goldsboro, NC are available on an acute care inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on the specific needs of our patients.
To learn more about rehabilitation services in Goldsboro, take a virtual tour of the Wayne Memorial Hospital Rehabilitation facility and orthopedic physical therapy at Goldsboro Orthopedics below. Then, feel free to contact us at 919.731.6005.
Dedicated Rehab Team in Goldsboro, NC
A team-oriented approach is at the core of rehabilitation medicine at Wayne Memorial Hospital. The collaboration of this diverse medical team within the Hospital helps us lead the way in advancing this specialty.
The rehabilitation staff at Wayne Memorial Hospital consists of an impressive multidisciplinary team, including board-certified physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, a hand therapist, and a lymphedema specialist. When necessary, other health care professionals, such as dietitians, pastoral care personnel, audiologists and prosthetists become part of the rehabilitation team as well.
The rehabilitation services we offer in Goldsboro include:
- Aquatic Therapy –– This water-based therapy allows us to promote fitness, relaxation and physical rehabilitation in the calming atmosphere of a heated therapy pool.
- Occupational Therapy –– Occupational therapy focuses on recovering and maintaining abilities needed on a daily basis with an emphasis on setting and reaching therapy goals.
- Physical Therapy –– Our physical therapists use a variety of exercises to improve a patient’s motor and many other skills.
- Speech/Language Pathology –– Through this therapy, we work to improve speech and communication based on the patient’s unique needs.
- Certified Hand Therapy –– This specialized form of therapy includes helping repair the movement and functions of the hand.
- Certified Lymphedema Therapy –– Patients with damaged lymph nodes can take part in our lymphedema therapy, which uses drainage, massage and exercise to decrease swelling.
Orthopedic Physical Therapy with Goldsboro Orthopedics
Goldsboro Orthopedics, an affiliate of Wayne Health Physicians, offers rehabilitation programs for both surgical and nonsurgical patients with a variety of needs and injuries, such as joint replacement surgery, sports injuries, arthritis, amputation and many other orthopedic conditions.
A Helping Hand to Healing
Wayne Memorial Hospital’s Rehabilitation program is committed to keeping the people of our community safe and healthy. We want you to LiveWell, and we’re working hard to see that you do. Our rehabilitation staff works with schools, businesses and many other community groups to provide education, injury prevention, evaluation and rehabilitation. Research clearly shows that patients have better outcomes and recover more quickly when they know what to expect and become involved in their health care.
We believe another critical element of the rehabilitation team is family. We encourage family members to participate in not only the plan of care, but also in the healing process of their loved ones. The more people who join our team, the faster and better chance for the patient’s full recovery.
Wayne Memorial Hospital offers a variety of rehabilitation services to Wayne County, NC. We are proud to also serve patients from Clinton, Goldsboro, Greenville, Kinston, LaGrange, Mount Olive, Princeton, Rocky Mount, Smithfield and Wilson.