Makes 4 Servings
- 1 bag (12oz) frozen vegetable stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoons fresh scallions (green onions), minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 12oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- Thaw frozen vegetables in the microwave (or place entire bag in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes). Set aside until step 7.
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, and scallions, and stir fry until cooked, but not brown; about 2–3 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar to the pan, and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch with chicken broth, and add to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Lower temperature to a gentle simmer.
- Add chicken, and stir continually for 5–8 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and mix gently. Simmer with lid on to reheat; about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, and mix gently.
- Divide into four even portions, and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- 221 Calories
- 6g Total Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 51mg Cholesterol
- 287mg Sodium
- 3g Total Fiber
- 23g Protein
- 21g Carbohydrates
- 460mg Potassium