A yearly vaccination
is the best protection
against the flu.
Wash your hands
and cover your
mouth and nose
when you cough or
sneeze to keep from
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 4 Servings
1 Granny Smith apple, rinsed, peeled, cored, and diced (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoon shallots, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
1⁄2 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1⁄2 cup golden seedless raisins (about 2oz)
1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
4 beef top sirloin steaks, lean (3oz each)
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
For mustard dressing:
2 cups low-sodium beef broth
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- For the chutney, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until apples are cooked and soft.
- Remove from the heat and hold warm, or cool and store.
- For the steaks, preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper, and lightly coat with oil.
- Grill or broil 3–4 minutes on each side, or to your desired doneness (to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F).
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- For the mustard dressing, mix together beef broth, Dijon mustard, and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat while stirring constantly. Lower the heat, and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Serve each steak with 1⁄4 cup of chutney and 1⁄2 cup of mustard dressing.
Per serving: 285 Calories, 8g Total Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 35mg Cholesterol, sodium 421mg, 2g Total Fiber, 23g Protein, 32g Carbohydrates, 554mg Potassium