A yearly vaccination
is the best protection
against the flu.
Wash your hands
and cover your
mouth and nose
when you cough or
sneeze to keep from
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 12 Servings
1⁄4 cup scallions (green onions), rinsed and sliced into 1⁄4-inch wide circles, including green tops
1⁄4 cup celery, rinsed and finely diced
11⁄4 cup frozen yellow corn
1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or substitute 2 teaspoons dried coriander)
1 can (15.8oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1⁄4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1⁄4 cup salsa or taco sauce (look for lowest sodium version)
12 (9-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine scallions, celery, and corn in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to cover.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, until vegetables soften. Drain vegetables. Set aside to cool.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, and beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheese and salsa, and mix.
- When corn mixture has cooled slightly, add to avocado mixture.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm each tortilla for about 15 seconds on each side. Place each tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to make a closed packet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- When all tortillas are wrapped, continue heating in the oven 5 minutes, until all are warm and cheese is melted.
Per serving: Calories 189, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 257mg, Total Fiber 3g, Protein 8g, Carbohydrates 34g, Potassium 204mg
Recipe Courtesy of: hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/recipedetail.aspx?cId=0&rId=44