Halloween safety -
Dress children in
warm, light colored
so that they may
be easily seen when
crossing the street.
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 4 Servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup portabella mushrooms, rinsed, halved, then thinly sliced
1⁄2 cup celery, rinsed and finely diced
2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
1⁄4 cup dried parsley
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
- In a 4-quart saucepan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and celery.
- Cook and stir for 5–7 minutes, until all vegetables are soft, but not brown.
- Stir in the chicken broth, brown rice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook according to brown rice package directions, about 5–10 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid. Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 246, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 2mg, Sodium 221mg, Total Fiber 4g, Protein 7g, Carbohydrates 43g, Potassium 314mg
Recipe Courtesy of: hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/recipedetail.aspx?linkId=1&cId=8&rId=57