Keep your child’s
backpack light —
it should only be
5 to 10 percent of
his or her body
to the American
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 10 Servings
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup low-fat (1 percent) buttermilk
1 large egg
1⁄4 cup soft tub margarine
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes in an 8x8-inch, greased baking dish.
- Cool. Cut into10 squares.
Per serving: Calories 178, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 22mg, Sodium 94mg, Total Fiber 1g, Protein 4g, Carbohydrates 27g, Potassium 132mg
Recipe Courtesy of: hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/recipedetail.aspx?linkId=1&cId=8&rId=59