A yearly vaccination
is the best protection
against the flu.
Wash your hands
and cover your
mouth and nose
when you cough or
sneeze to keep from
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 4 Servings
1 cup couscous (try whole wheat couscous)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoon walnuts, coarsely chopped
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
11/3 cup water
2 tablespoons raisins
1⁄2 cup carrots, rinsed, peeled, and shredded or thinly sliced; cut in half
- In a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir couscous, olive oil, walnuts, salt, pepper, and spice just until couscous begins to brown.
- Slowly add water, then raisins and carrots. Cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from the heat, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 218, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 155mg, Total Fiber 3g, Protein 6g, Carbohydrates 39g, Potassium 168mg
Recipe Courtesy of: hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/recipedetail.aspx?cId=8&rId=56