Tobacco companies add chemicals to their products. Quit using tobacco and stop poisoning your system.
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 4 Servings
4 cups baby carrots, rinsed and split lengthwise if very thick (or frozen presliced carrots)
2 tablespoons soft tub margarine
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the carrots in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to barely cover the carrots. Cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 7–8 minutes, just until the carrots are easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- While the carrots are cooking, combine margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan, and melt together over low heat (or put in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for a few seconds on high power, until margarine is mostly melted). Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Drain carrots, leaving them in the saucepan. Pour cinnamon mixture over carrots.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2–3 minutes, just until the carrots are thoroughly coated and the glaze thickens slightly. Serve warm.
Per serving: Calories 67, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 149mg, Total Fiber 2g, Protein 1g, Carbohydrates 10g, Potassium 260mg
Recipe Courtesy of: hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/recipedetail.aspx?cId=0&rId=74