Halloween safety -
Dress children in
warm, light colored
so that they may
be easily seen when
crossing the street.
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 4 Servings
4 medium tomatoes, rinsed and diced (about 2 cup)
1⁄2 cup red onion
1 diced medium Jalapeno chili pepper rinsed and split lengthwise - remove seeds and white membrane, and mince (about 2 tablespoon)
2 tablespoon lime juice (or about 4 limes)
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute 2 teaspoons dried coriander)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
4 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce
½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 2oz)
1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler on high temperature, with the rack 3 inches from heat source.
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well. Chill in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. (Salsa can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated.)
- Cut chicken into thin strips, and place them on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil for 8–10 minutes.
- To assemble the quesadillas, place four whole wheat tortillas on the countertop or table.
- Top each with one-quarter of the sliced cooked chicken, salt, chili sauce, cheese, and pine nuts (optional).
- Fold tortillas in half to close, and carefully transfer each to a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Bake quesadillas at 350°F for 5–10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve one quesadilla with 1⁄2 cup salsa on the side.
Per serving: Calories 339, Total Fat 11g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 62mg, Sodium 453mg, Total Fiber 4g, Protein 26g, Carbohydrates 32g, Potassium 454mg