When gardening or
doing yard work,
use a rake that is
comfortable for your
height and strength.
Wear gloves or use
rakes with padded
handles to prevent
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 4 Servings
1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 beef tenderloin roast (16oz)
1/2 cup canned diced pineapple, in fruit juice, chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup red onion, mince
2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute 1⁄4 teaspoon dried coriander)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients and toss well. Let sit for 10–15 minutes to marinate while preparing the seasoning and cooking the meat.
- For the beef tenderloin seasoning, combine all ingredients. Lightly oil the tenderloin and spread an even layer of the dry seasoning over the entire roast.
- Place the seasoned roast on a roasting or broiling pan and roast for 10–15 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F). Let cool for 5 minutes before carving into 16 slices (1 ounce each).
- Serve four slices of the tenderloin with 1⁄4 cup salsa on the side.
Per serving: Calories 215, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 67mg, Sodium 226 mg, Total fiber 2g, Protein 25g, Carbohydrates 9g, Potassium 451mg