gear, such as
gloves, boots and
long pants, when
mow barefoot or
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 12 Servings
2/3 cup white sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup nonfat milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a full size bread pan with non-stick cooking spray, and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in bananas, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; do not fill more than 1/2 full - if you are using smaller pans, be sure not to fill them more than 1/2 full or they will overflow while baking.
- Bake in preheated pan until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean; about 1 hour.
- Turn bread out onto a wire rack and let cool.
Per Serving: Calories 182, Fat 4g, Calories from Fat 8%, Cholesterol 36mg, Fiber 1g, Sodium 207mg, Protein 4g.
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.foodreference.com/html/lowfatbananabreadr1.html