Hold the Mayo! One tablespoon of regular mayonnaise has almost 100 calories.
- Main Dishes
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 8 Servings
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 large tomatoes (or 2 cups canned, unsalted tomatoes)
4 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder or to taste
Water, as desired
2 tablespoons cornmeal
Jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped, as desired
- In a soup pot, add the ground beef and onion. Over medium heat saute until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain well.
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, celery, sugar and chili powder to the ground beef mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Uncover and add water to desired consistency. Stir in cornmeal. Cook for at least 10 minutes more to allow the flavors to blend.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and garnish with jalapeno peppers, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories: 254, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 348mg, Carbohydrate: 27g, Fiber: 10g, Protein: 20g
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00487