Optimism and Good Health. It’s true, your attitude is the driving force of healthy living.
- Main Dishes
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 8 Servings
8 whole cloves
8 cups apple cider
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
1 pear, quartered, cored and sliced
- Bundle cloves in small piece of cheesecloth. Tie cheesecloth to form small sack.
- Combine cider, cherries, cranberries, cinnamon and cheesecloth sack in large saucepan. Heat just to a simmer; do not boil. Remove cheesecloth sack and discard.
- Add pear before serving.
Per Serving: Calories: 180 (3% from fat), Total Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: Trace, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 10mg, Carbohydrate: 48g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Protein: 1g
Recipe Courtesy of: Diabetic Recipes for the Holidays ©2004 LW Press, a division of Publications International, Ltd. ISBN: 1-4127-2140-7