Hike, take a nature walk, play games with your kids, bike, roller blade, or swim to shed that cooped-up feeling of gym workouts.
- Main Dishes
- Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Sizzled Green Beans with Crispy Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 36 Cookies
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg whites until they are frothy and begin to firm up.
- Fold egg whites into applesauce mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Fold into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, walnuts, and cranberries.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven until set and lightly browned; about 10 minutes. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Note: Raisins can be substituted for dried cranberries, if desired.
Per cookie: Calories: 77, Total Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 72mg, Carbohydrate: 14.1g, Dietary Fiber: 0.8g, Protein: 1.4g
Recipe courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Trail-Mix-Cookies/Detail.aspx.