Sleep Tight. For a good night’s sleep, avoid TV or laptops when you’re in bed.
- Main Dishes
- Spicy Tuna Wrap
- Chicken Breast & Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Chipotle-Orange Broccoli
- Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Broiled Sirloin with Spicy Mustard and Apple Chutney
- Greek-style Flank Steak with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
- Corn and Black Bean Burritos
- Chicken Quesadillas with Red and Green Salsa
- Cocoa-spiced Beef Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa
- Hazelnut-Coated Salmon Steaks
- Mustard-Crusted Roast Pork
- Chicken Dijon
- Salads and Dressings
- Side Dishes
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar, divided
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole-wheat fl our
1/2 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
1/4 cup, flaxseed, ground
1/2 teaspoon baking powder, low sodium
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
1/2 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Put grated zucchini in paper towels and squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add applesauce, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup agave and mix thoroughly.
- Add brown sugar, fl ours, flaxseeds, baking powder, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and other spices and mix well.
- Add cocoa and mix thoroughly.
- Add zucchini mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Fill paper liners with chocolate zucchini batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of cupcake.
- Mix 1/4 cup agave with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl.
- Before serving, drizzle agave mixture over cupcakes as icing and enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 150; Carbohydrates: 31g; Fat: 1.5g; Fiber: 3g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Sugars: 17g; Sodium: 105mg; Protein: 3g
Recipe Courtesy of: Wayne Memorial Hospital Nutrition Services