Low Fat Banana Bread
Makes 12 Servings
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a full size bread pan with non-stick cooking spray, and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in bananas, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; do not fill more than 1/2 full – if you are using smaller pans, be sure not to fill them more than 1/2 full or they will overflow while baking.
- Bake in preheated pan until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean; about 1 hour.
- Turn bread out onto a wire rack and let cool.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories 182
- Fat 4g
- Calories from Fat 8%
- Cholesterol 36mg
- Fiber 1g
- Sodium 207mg
- Protein 4g
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.foodreference.com/html/lowfatbananabreadr1.html