Eating Well Power Salad
Makes 2 Servings
- 6 cups mixed, salad
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dressing, such as Creamy Dill Ranch Dressing (recipe follows)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices roast turkey breast, cut up (3 ounces)
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut up (2 ounces)
- Toss greens, carrots, onion and dressing in a large bowl until coated.
- Divide between 2 plates.
- Arrange tomatoes, turkey and cheese on top of the salad.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- 180 calories
- 4 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono)
- 27 mg cholesterol
- 19 g carbohydrates
- 21 g protein
- 6 g fiber
- 757 mg sodium
- 956 mg potassium
Creamy Dill Ranch Dressing (To go with Eating Well Power Salad)
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk powder, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- With the food processor running, add shallot through the feed tube and process until finely chopped.
- Add cottage cheese, mayonnaise, buttermilk powder and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in milk while the processor is running. Scrape down the sides, add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined.
Note: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Look for buttermilk powder, such as Saco Buttermilk Blend, in the baking section or with the powdered milk in most supermarkets.
Nutritional Information (Per 2-tablespoon serving)
- 19 calories
- 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono)
- 1 mg cholesterol
- 2 g carbohydrates
- 2 g protein
- 0 g fiber
- 125 mg sodium
- 10 mg potassium.
Recipe Courtesy Of: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eatingwell_power_salad.html
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/creamy_dill_ranch_dressing.html