Cinnamon-glazed Baby Carrots
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 cups baby carrots, rinsed and split lengthwise if very thick (or frozen presliced carrots)
- 2 tablespoons soft tub margarine
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the carrots in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to barely cover the carrots. Cover. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 7–8 minutes, just until the carrots are easily pierced with a sharp knife.
- While the carrots are cooking, combine margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small saucepan, and melt together over low heat (or put in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for a few seconds on high power, until margarine is mostly melted). Stir well to combine ingredients.
- Drain carrots, leaving them in the saucepan. Pour cinnamon mixture over carrots.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2–3 minutes, just until the carrots are thoroughly coated and the glaze thickens slightly. Serve warm.
- Calories 67
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 149mg
- Total Fiber 2g
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrates 10g
- Potassium 260mg
Recipe Courtesy of: hp2010.nhlbihin.net/healthyeating/recipedetail.aspx?cId=0&rId=74