Chipotle Chicken & Queso Fresco Tacos
Makes 6 Servings
For Chipotle Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. minced chipotle peppers with adobo
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 15 1/2 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
For Salsa Cruda
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. diced red onions
- 2 tbsp. minced jalapeño peppers, seeded
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 1/4 tbsp. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups diced chipotle chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups salsa cruda
- 12 each 6″ flour tortillas
- 3/4 cups mashed avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
Directions for Chipotle Chicken Breast
- Combine minced chipotle peppers, minced garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper for marinade. Pour marinade over chicken in a shallow dish. Keep refrigerated for 4 hours to marinate. Drain and discard excess marinade.
- Preheat char broiler or grill. Cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until well-marked.
- Transfer chicken to a sheet tray. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 5 minutes or until completely cooked and minimum internal temperature is at least 165°F.
- Slice chicken into .” thick slices for use.
Directions for Salsa Cruda
- Use gloves to seed peppers. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after seeding peppers.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Keep refrigerated for use.
Directions for Tacos
- Lay each tortilla on a flat surface. Spread 2 tablespoons mashed avocado over each tortilla.
- On bottom half of each tortilla, place 1/8 cup diced chicken, 2 tablespoons shredded lettuce, 1/8 cup salsa cruda and 1 teaspoon queso fresco cheese.
- Fold tortilla over to close. Serve 2 tacos.
- Per serving: Calories: 190; Carbohydrates: 21g; Fat: 5g; Fiber: 5g; Sodium: 330g; Protein: 16g
Recipe courtesy of mindful.sodexo.com.