Makes 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, (about 4 ounces each), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until the onion becomes tender, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Sauté the chicken until it is golden brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Quickly add the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon to release any caramelized bits that are stuck to the pan. Cook until the chicken broth has reduced by half. Stir in the mustard.
- Per Chicken Breast: Calories 168
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Fat 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 27g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 154mg
Recipe Courtesy of: http://www.foodfit.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=948&yield=4