Wayne UNC Health Care is happy to welcome visitors to our Goldsboro, NC Hospital. For room numbers and directions, please stop by the information desk in the visitor entrance lobby. We recommend that only three visitors be in a patient’s room at a time. Visiting hours are from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. for most patients.
We know that visits from family members and friends are an important part of our patients’ healing process. Our team encourages flexible visiting hours in a safe, clean environment that promotes your loved one’s recovery.
Intensive Care Unit Visitation Times:
Mornings- 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Afternoons- 3-6 p.m.
Evenings- 9-11 p.m.
Flexible visiting hours are available. We will work with you to arrange times for visiting that will help facilitate healing without interfering with patient care. The ICU team may limit the number of visitors to fewer than two at one time depending on the patient’s course of treatment.
Wayne UNC offers ample, convenient parking for patients and visitors. For more information on where to park, please review our parking map.
Allow our Courtesy Shuttle Service to easily and comfortably get you around our campus. Our spacious, convenient shuttle is available day and night, seven days a week for your convenience. For more information or to arrange a pick up while on campus, call 919-731-6088 or look for the Wayne UNC Courtesy Shuttle Van.
General Rules for Visiting Wayne UNC Patients
- Visitors (e.g., family members, friends and significant others) are recognized as a supportive and integral part of patient care.
- The needs of patients may dictate exceptions to the stated visiting times. Visitors may be asked to leave the patient’s room and the Hospital at the request of the patient or under certain circumstances, such as special care needs, patient’s acuity, visitor’s inappropriate behavior, hospital emergency needs, or to maintain patient’s privacy and confidentiality. Patients can request exceptions to regular visiting hours through their nursing staff.
- The patient may restrict his/her own visitors and/or telephone calls at any time.
- Each patient may have two visitors at a time.
- All visiting children are to be accompanied by an adult.
- Adults must supervise the children at all times. Children who visit must be well and free of fever at the time of the visit.
- Adults visiting with children under 12 years old must indicate that the child’s immunization status is current at the time of the visit.
- Patient should identify a “family spokesperson” to act as telephone liaison between the staff and other family members.
Overnight Visitation at Our Hospital
- Overnight visitation is allowed under special circumstances. Patients/families should make requests through their nursing staff. Only one family member/significant other may stay overnight in the private room.
- In critical care areas, overnight visitors will not be permitted to stay in the patient’s room. The waiting room/lounge will be used for this purpose.
Sending Gifts to Patients
Gifts can do a lot to cheer up a patient. We offer a variety of choices of gifts, flowers, books, stuffed animals, balloons and more through our online gift shop.
For more information about visiting hours and visitation at Wayne UNC, contact us at 919.736.1110.
Wayne UNC Health Care is proud to offer extensive medical care, as well as patient visitation, in Goldsboro, where we serve patients from across Wayne County, NC.